I saw 30 Days of Truth over at Jenni and Krysten’s blogs. I think I’m going to use it to get myself into writing regularly again. Play along if it sounds interesting to you too. I don’t want to be accountable for posting 30 days straight so I’m going to go with something much easier for me, posting Truths on Monday.
Here are the answers for 1-7
1. Something you hate about yourself – I tend to bottle the really important stuff inside. Sometimes I don’t believe that what I have to say is important, so I don’t say anything at all. This also back fires a lot when I expect people to understand what I’m saying without fully explaining myself.
2. Something you love about yourself – I am my friends/family’s cheerleader. I will pep talk you until I’m blue in the face. I’m really nonjudgmental so if you are looking for the angel to respond to the devil on your shoulder I’m probably not the one you should call.
I also am proud of myself for being active and semi-athletic.
3. Something you have to forgive yourself for – I’m extremely good at “out of sight, out of mind”. I truly believe that life is full of gray areas and mistakes. The best we can do is try and learn from the things we do wrong, and sometimes it takes a couple tries.
4. Something you have to forgive someone for – I’m working on forgiving my Grams for being a complete and utter disappointment. I need to realize that she will never be who I need her to be and she will never put me before my cousins, ever. I’m not good at holding grudges, so I let her step all over me.
5. Something you hope to do in your life – I hope to travel to Asia.
6. Something you hope you never have to do – I hope I never have to see my dad go through health issues like my mom did. It’s hard to watch someone you love be in pain.
7. Someone who has made your life worth living for – I believe you should live for yourself, but how could I not live for my parents? The people who brought me into the world and help mold me into the person I am today? I think that the love and adoration my parents give me are the number one reason why life doesn’t hold me down. I never doubt being wanted or loved so whatever happens in my life I know it’s going to be ok. I had some dark times that could have damaged or held me back, but having that much light and love in my life makes it impossible.